Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Durian Shake



So a few days ago some friends from school and I took a trip to cinnci to visit Jungle Jim's a six acre grocery store. For a foodie/chef in training like me it was awesome. while i was there I found frozen Durian, Durian is the stinky thai fruit band on public transportation because it smells like rotting flesh..or something gross like that, so when i saw it I jumped at it, nate and I made soymilk shakes, the taste is very strong, we haven't been hit by the smell yet seeing as our durian was mostly frozen, I uploaded some pics so you can see, pretty crazy stuff.
I made a shake with some stuff we just had on hand you could use pretty much any sweetner
if you haven't had durian you should definitely try it at least once, if not just for the shot of vitamins and minerals and healthy proteins and blah blah, for our shake i used this



Durian Shake

Flesh of 1 Durian
1 tbl cinnamon
3 tbl corn syrup
2-3 cups soymilk
1 cup ice
4 chopped pitted dates
1/4 cup packed brown sugar

I blended everything together in my high speed blender and got this yummy cinnabun flavored shake. Aalllriight Durian!!

No comments: